The shred has officially been reincarnated HERE.  New functionality and expanded means of sharing ideas and media are available and continuing to be developed.  Please send an email to Phil, Taka or Jason if you would like an invitation to the new playground.  Namaste

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Lateralus

With my feet upon the ground I move myself between the sounds
And open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin
I'm reachin' up and reachin' out, I'm reachin' for the random or
Whatever will bewilder me, whatever will bewilder me
And following our will and wind, we may just go where no one's been
We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been

This is sort of in response to what has been discussed in dozemay's post below. this to me is whats really really really really really really important.each of us when we open up to whatever you want to call it is being pushed toward good.certain activities certainly catalyze this experience.never doubt your creative intution.its working toward good.its all working toward good

Over thinking, over analyzing, separate the body from the mind
Withering my intuition, leaving opportunities behind

My biggest struggle these days is denying my intuition because of a system of thought...an operating system you could say...we have the tools to tap into the internet (metaphorically)...they're everywhere...screaming at us

Feed my will to feel this moment
Urging me to cross the line
Reaching out to embrace the random
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come

SHRED INTO INDRAS NET...SHRED

taka's got a new musical obsession :)

4 comments:

jason_dozemay said...

do you have maynard's solo album. puscifer is dark and haunting and awesome. we are the indigo children. if you don't have it ill upload here. let me know. also if you need other tool albums, im your man.

skype allows you to send large files almost instantly....def a good way to share tunes.

yay rock music.

perpetuallyphil said...

tool f-ing rocks!!

indigo children that jbo metioned is so awesome:

the indigo children

analog timepiece, sky wide
sync to the ticker inside
move to the rhythm of the moon and tide

the indigo children
the indigo children
the indigo children
the indigo children

Sirius, Venus, and the lunar child
(get your life up untied)
giggle and the flames grow higher
dance in a circle around a central fire
(dance and laugh and love and learn. Grow higher)

the indigo children

wine, song, food and fire
clothes, shelter and seed
no more need for the old empire
(there they were to the empire)

oneshowatatime said...

jbo, post that shit. i posted a link here to that album on rhapsody when it came out months ago but i don't have a copy.

bedlam in goliath (volta's new disc) is on heavy roto in my car right now. let me know if any of you want it and i'll upload that here too.

dead.in.denver said...

is there any way we can seperate a page full of all our uploaded shit, that way it would be a listserve fileshare of all the albums we consistantly talk about