The shred has officially been reincarnated HERE.  New functionality and expanded means of sharing ideas and media are available and continuing to be developed.  Please send an email to Phil, Taka or Jason if you would like an invitation to the new playground.  Namaste

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Did you feel that?

oh my goodness. I'm reading this new book called Wheels of Life. It is a 'user's guide to the chakra system.' I decided to read it to help me approach my yoga in a new and exciting way and just because I know so little about the chakras and I've always wanted to know more. I'm only in the first chapter, so i'm still a humongous amateur, but I just tried this suggested exercise and it seriously gave me tingles throughout my entire body. You should try it too! it's fun. Here's the excerpt:

"If you would like to experience what a chakra feels like, the following is a simple exercise for opening the hand chakras and experiencing their energy:
[oh, by the way, she discusses how there are 7 main chakras, but that Hindus have discovered many more. the hand chakras are just two of many.]

Extend both arms out in front of you, parallel to the floor with elbows straight.

Turn one hand up and one hand down. Now quickly open and close your hands a dozen times or so.

Reverse your palms and repeat. This opens the hand chakras.

To feel their energy, open your hands and SLOWLY bring your palms together, starting about two feet apart.

When your hands are about four inches apart you should be able to feel a subtle ball of energy, like a magnetic field, floating between your palms. If you tune in closely, you may even be able to feel it spinning.

After a few moments the sensation will subside, but it can be repeated by opening and closing the palms again, as above."


I think it helps if you close your eyes so you can really focus on what you're feeling.
Did you feel it?

1 comment:

Ronald Rage-n said...

this is fun, its nuts how strong the magnetic field created by the electricity is. there is lots of heat also. cant wait to learn thechniques which stimulate some of the other chakras.