The shred has officially been reincarnated HERE.  New functionality and expanded means of sharing ideas and media are available and continuing to be developed.  Please send an email to Phil, Taka or Jason if you would like an invitation to the new playground.  Namaste

Friday, November 16, 2007

my cousin wrote a book....


my cousin nate, whom many of you have met, wrote a book, got it published and is selling it on amazon.com in mid december and via his website (click title above). its called "the u book." check it if intrested...

love and light,
have a safe break


here is the intro....

I am uneeda. My name is Nathan Pierce. This is my book. I made it
myself. My sister’s guidance and corrections made it bearable to
read. I did not add any parts to make myself look better. I did however,
take out or omit completely, parts that made me look worse.

It is actually two books together. The first book is a compilation of
journal entries of two separate journeys I have made in my life. The
second is a compilation of my poems distributed randomly
throughout. The photos I have taken myself or taken from friends.
They are okay with it.

Put it on a bookshelf. Leave it on your table. No one will think it isn’t
a book. It measures 12” x 9” x 1”. It won’t stop a bullet, but if used
as a coaster it will keep the condensation of a glass of water from
ruining your fine wooden table. You can smush bugs with it, though
my wife discourages that. She believes in the power of life, that we
should not take any life but what can be truly revered.

I am not here to preach. I made this for you, the reader. You are
going to take what you want from it anyway. So take it. It’s yours.
Be fruitful and do long division. I included scriptures from the Bible.
The scriptures are used to emphasize the hope of the poem they
accompany. I did have a scripture for every single poem, but then
realized that maybe only I could see the connection, so only added a
scripture reference, if the connection was clear.

The title is bit unusual. I was going to call it “Jewel, Ri¢h,” in honor
of Richard Jewell. He was the man who said he felt like a hunted
animal when the mass (hysteria) media blamed him for planting a
backpack bomb full of nails at the 2000 Olympic Games in Atlanta.
The only person he could thank for believing in him when the (back
page) story came out that he was actually the man who saved
hundreds of lives by evacuating the area when he saw the bomb,
was his own mother, who never doubted him at all. But I am not
really interested in making social commentary.

In honor of the fragility of life I was going to call it, “Copious
Amounts of Water,” for what it takes to get any of us anywhere. But
if people pick up a book with a title like that and don’t immediately
see hydrological information, the book gets set back down.

To steal a line from the book itself, I was going to call it, “Peace’s in
the Whole of Your Soul.” But with a title like that a book is only
perused by people interested in peace or soul, and I want to
eliminate limitations.
Because of the direction society has taken in regard to life on the
planet, I was going to call it “Before the Dandelions,” in reference to
the noxious weeds being introduced into my country since boats
have sailed the seven seas. How great the place must have been
before cities and roads and telephone poles. But that is just living in
the past.

The life we now have and our attitude toward it is, in some ways,
the amplification of the prayer in our hearts. So I was going to call
it, “What Are You Honoring?” But that is too supercilious. So then I
was going to call it, “What are you, ornery?” because ornery rhymes
with honoring, and attitude is essential in honoring your self. But
that is just silly.

In the end I wanted a book that would not be defined by a time, a
place, or a philosophy. I wanted something simple that did not make
any more out of itself than needed. Something to be held openly, and
set down closedly. I am uneeda, I made it for you, and so that is
what I will call it. The u book.

1 comment:

Ronald Rage-n said...

i like the way he writes, kudos to him for making spicy author type moves...

noah here btw...post thanksgiving style, giving thanks that you invited me to this forum of light shedding....looking forward to the contributions and creation to come.

thanks taka for slicing out this digital playground, and lots of love to the rest of you.