The shred has officially been reincarnated HERE.  New functionality and expanded means of sharing ideas and media are available and continuing to be developed.  Please send an email to Phil, Taka or Jason if you would like an invitation to the new playground.  Namaste

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Hey ere'body

Google Desktop is wild....I don't really know if I recomend it, but I do feel a mystical aspect of it all.
My head's been wrapping around Computers and shit more and more these days, especially after I started reading a book by Erik Davis called Techgnosis. He shows that the history of technology is closely linked with myth, magic and mysticism. So in Google Desktop you've got this extended mind that is swimming through the web bringing you things it thinks you're interested in, and there's different widgets...Soon we'll have cell phones that have this...Google Reader does something similar...They're basically just tools that are allowing you to inhale info from the web, in a mystical kind of way. At least Desktop...It's like a mind out there is just like yo Jason check this out...It tells you when things in the Wikipedia get changed too, which I think is very interesting, if not planned. I'll tap into the Google consciousness any day I think.

East Coast fall is rad, but I miss colorado...For everyone right now I think it would be wise to stay on top of political shit until Bush is out of office....If you use Google Reader and subscribe to progress report it'll tell you whats up all the time, its crazy....

The sea (see) refuses no rivers

the major advances in civilization are those that all but wreck the societies in which they occur

thanks for settin this up dudes

http://www.realitysandwich.com/google_and_myceliation_consciousness

I got off on this article pretty hard

shred.....and rage

No comments: