The shred has officially been reincarnated HERE.  New functionality and expanded means of sharing ideas and media are available and continuing to be developed.  Please send an email to Phil, Taka or Jason if you would like an invitation to the new playground.  Namaste

Monday, July 14, 2008

love

i've been thinking about love a lot the last couple of days and it keeps coming up in various forms in different conversations with people.   ideas about selfless vs selfish love and the different forms it can take, a friendly love, a love for someone you just met, a deeper love, family love, the list goes on and on.  also the importance of really being able to love yourself before you can truly love another.  the importance of being grounded and satisfied with yourself and the things that you are before you can branch out and start loving others.  like a tree must root down before it can grow up and out.  sometimes its much harder than it sounds and other times it seems to come so easily - just like all things in life.  

i wanted to take a moment to tell all of you how much you mean to me and to thank you all for the various forms of love you have both given to and received from me.  i feel such a pure, true, deep love for many of you that i have really come to understand and appreciate much more recently.  before i left, while i was gone, and during my return so many of you have been there for me in ways that i don't think you are even aware of and i want to acknowledge that.  i am so lucky to live the life that i do and so blessed to be surrounded by such amazing people.  i guess what i'm trying to say is thank you for all that you are and everything that you do and for not only being a part of my life but also letting me be a part of yours.

i love you

3 comments:

PageSheridan said...

I second that emotion. It's really an eye opening experience when you're not with everybody you're used to being with. Me and Tudd Larry have been over seas for almost two weeks now and it's been quite an adventure. He has just taken off back to AAAAANDOOOOOVER, or close to the boston area, and now that I'm sitting at home by myself I can't help but think and relate to your comment. We actually discussed our blog over dinner last night with my parents and it made me realize how much I appreciate everybody on this blog. Its very nice to know that we can connect this way at all times no matter where we are on the map. I know that I don't contribute too much but at the same time I read this almost every day. Hopefully we will continue to stay connected and keep up with the times and share as much as we can....I'm looking forward to seeing all of you in a few weeks. Peace and take care of yourselves. APK.

PWR said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PWR said...

Rooting is something that is often ignored with love. Sure addiction sometimes comes with things such as drugs but it can come with what we think is love sometimes. Addiction to other humans is typically not healthy, so be careful. Also, to the men here...excretion of seamen makes you weak. Before you think I'm crazy research it even just a little. There is much ancient talk of this as well as certified doctors studying it as well. Why do you think lions only have sex once a year and Buddhists abstain? Obviously sex is wonderful and we literally wouldn't be here without it, but next time your being that intimate I challenge you to come as close as you can to excretion and then don't. I guarantee it will still be as rewarding, if not more so.