The shred has officially been reincarnated HERE.  New functionality and expanded means of sharing ideas and media are available and continuing to be developed.  Please send an email to Phil, Taka or Jason if you would like an invitation to the new playground.  Namaste

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sexy OS


Ubuntu is an African word meaning 'Humanity to others', or 'I am what I am because of who we all are'. The Ubuntu distribution brings the spirit of Ubuntu to the software world

I'm going to give this a shot after I reformat....In light of the doomsday seed vault....maybe say goodbye to microsoft?

Thanks Andrew Vavrek, IT manager of Resonance Project

I was sort of out of the loop on how amazing open source can be...I almost got one that University of Cal Berkeley had designed, but this is much more what I am looking for. I think for anyone who is interested, Windows users in particular, you can download the file, burn it and then reformat...You could do it w/out reformatting too I'm sure, I'm just currently in the market.

The amount of open source software is pretty amazing and check out these open music websites

Opsound
Jamendo

I had no idea we were so on it :)

2 comments:

perpetuallyphil said...

free open source office, powerpoint, excel

neo office for mac os

multi platform and language

perpetuallyphil said...

have you used the operating system yet taka? good stuff?